Sunday 10 August 2014

When your kids are more adult than you are.....

I don't know if  it's menopause but I am going to lay all the blame for my recent erratic behavior down at the feet of this change.

I chat with son no 1 more or less every Saturday and these last few weeks he has  been listening to me rant about work, and how I quit and why I quit...

He politely, subtly told me that I wasn't put on this earth to save anyone, let alone this company and that while I didn't necessarily have a big ego, I sometimes can be irrational.    (his almost exact words were "its not your responsibility to save the company or anyone")

It made me think, as I do want to save the world and I get frustrated when people don't get with the program..... it made me call my boss and apologise for my resignation and while I know they want me back I need to be a little more humble, focused and less erratic and flaky.  I must try to stop rushing into making hasty decisions...

It's a strange day when your children are more adult than you are.....

No comments:

Post a Comment