Wednesday 1 October 2014

fat dresses to the rescue

The extra pounds have crept up on me again......I don't know how they do it  but somehow without me knowing or realising, they find me and pounce and stick to me for dear life....

I have got smarter though...Instead of fighting and cursing that I have nothing to wear when the pounds increase,  I bought a few dresses that would tide me over while I was in my fat phase......

So now in the morning I don't have a very wide selection of clothes,  which makes choosing the wardrobe for the day so much easier that I am actually early for work...Perhaps it has its advantages...

It is now harder to lose the pounds, I used to be able to stop eating carbs for a week and I would be back down a couple of kilos, now it takes twice as long as I get bored with salad and buy chocolates before I hit the 8th day of no carbs.

Son no 2 said I need to exercise.....Horrors!  But he is right.  I do need to get off the ever increasing butt and start an exercise regime.....One of the good friends,  WL, even put a Pilate's workout on a thumb drive for me (I can plug it into my TV) but I still haven't had the motivation to do anything about it. Menopause doesn't help as somehow all the pounds seem to sit on the tummy!

I feel like Menopausal Barbie!
I have been on a diet now for 3 days ( help!) and will have to curb my natural tendency to cook lots on the weekend as I do go overboard and cook curies that just have to be eaten with rice.  Even gluten free hasn't helped as I have found a gluten free sweet cereal that tastes so yummy and on days when I was too tired (lazy) to cook, that was dinner.

But the bad eating habits have to stop...... am serious about this diet to lose those pesky pounds as I do not like my tummy looking so huge!
Next step is exercise......



No comments:

Post a Comment